Recipe: How To Prepare Scotch Eggs
Craving for some Scotch Eggs? Let us show you how to make it at home.
- 6 fresh free range eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Richmond sausage/ minced meat
- White pepper
- Mixed herbs
- Sunflower oil for deep frying
Here’s a video that teaches you how to make Scotch Eggs at home:
- Pour water into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Put 4 eggs into the boiling water gently, for 8-10.
- Crack the 2 remaining eggs into a bowl.
- Remove sausage meat from the pack and remove the light membrane skin from them.
- Mush them together, adding a sprinkle of mix herbs and white pepper.
- Remove the eggs from the fire, cover them with cold water and allow to cool.
- Remove the shells from the eggs.
- Use your finger to take a good portion of the sausage and cover each egg with the sausage meat.
- Roll to get a good smooth look.
- Now Beat the 2 crack eggs
- Pass the covered eggs now through the flour, then dip into the egg and egg wash them
- Put the oil on fire to heat up
- Pass them through the bread crumbs now, shaking off any excess crumbs
- Put them into the oil and allow to cook for 5- 7 minutes, turning them for even cooking
- Take them out when ready or golden brown
- Put into a strainer and allow to cook
- Have it with vegetables, rice etc.