Recipe: How To Prepare Fried Pie
Craving for some Fried Pie? Let us show you how to make it at home.
- Five heaped table spoons plain flour
- Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 tin Sardine
- Cooked instant noodles
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Half tablespoon butter/margarine
- Half medium size onion &1 clove of garlic blended smooth
- Cooking oil for frying
Here’s a video that teaches you how to make Fried Pie at home:
- Pour the flour into the mixing bowl
- Add the nutmeg, salt
- Add the butter/margarine
- Using the hand, rub the ingredients in
- Blend the onion and garlic with water
- Pour the mixture to the flour bit by bit to make a firm dough
- Dust the chopping board with some of the flour and roll the dough into a thin pastry
- Cut them into squares ( about 10cm side)
- Dub your pastry brush in water and smear on the edges of the square pastries
- Fill the squares with the cooked noodles
- Turn one corner of the squares to firm a triangular shaped pie
- Press the edges down very well so they are well sealed.
- Heat the oil for deep frying
- Fry the pies turning them after the first 4-5 min and allow to cook for another 3-5 min till golden brown.
- Mix the shredded cabbage and sardine well and fill the squared pastries with the cabbage and sardine filling and repeat the steps 11-14 till all done.
- Allow to cool and serve as a snack or part of party chops.