Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Pudding
Craving for some Plantain Pudding? Let us show you how to make it at home.
- 2 fingers of over ripe plantain
- 4 little cloves
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 table spoons corn flour or all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Plantain leaves or kitchen foil for wrapping
Here’s a video that teaches you how to make Plantain Pudding at home:
- Wash and clean all the spices
- Allow the cloves to sit in water for about 10 minutes to soften them up
- Put all the spices in to the asanka /earthen wear together with salt and grind them together till smooth. Add the over ripe
- plantains and mash them as well.
- Mix well and grind all lamps off.
- Taste for salt.
- Take the washed and prepared leaves and scoop a good amount of the grounded mixture onto it.
- Wrap the leave around the mixture, keeping the mixture intact.
- Continue till all the mixture is used up
- Get sticks or stones (cleaned) into the pan, and fill with hot water to be used as a steamer.( A steamer can be used here)
- Allow to steam for 30 -45 min.
- Tap the pudding to check if its firm enough. Put of the fire and allow to cool.
- Serve cold on its own or with roasted peanuts.