Chicken is a type of meat loved and consumed by many across the globe. It can be prepared and consumed in different ways depending on choice. Chicken is also widely available and affordable.
One thing most people do not know is to whether chicken gives any health benefits to the body or it is one of the meats that gradually pile up diseases within the body.
Chicken can be healthy to the body depending on how it is consumed. Nevertheless, it also has some negatives which can affect the body. Chicken mainly consist of proteins, phosphorus, niacin and selenium. It also contains vitamins B6 and B12, riboflavins, calcium, thiamine, zinc and potassium.
It is also low in fats compared to other types of meats. For every 85 gram of chicken, only 3 gram is made of fats.
These are some of the benefits chicken does to the body.
• Chicken mainly contains proteins and this help in weight loss. Proteins ensure there is a high feeling of fullness which reduces the urge to eat or food cravings. Chicken also contain low calories and this help in weight loss.
• The rich source of proteins in chicken also help repair worn out tissues within the body. The growth of hair and nails on the body all depends on the amount of proteins one consumes.
• The potent content of vitamins B6 and B12 in chicken help in the production of energy for the body. These vitamins also help in brain developments and function. This enables chicken to be used as a stress reliever due to its work on the brain. Also, the presence of thiamine in chicken help provide the body with energy for growth.
• Chicken also help improve the immune system. It consists of selenium which is a mineral that help to boost the immune system and enable the body to fight against diseases. This mineral in chicken is also important in fertility health.
• Another health benefit of chicken is its ability to strengthen muscles and bones. Chicken contains calcium which help in building strong bones and muscles within the body.
• Chicken also help prevent cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack. The presence of vitamin B6 in chicken help improve heart health. Also, niacin help lower the amount of cholesterol levels within the body which in effect help prevent cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack.
Not all chickens are healthy. Above all these health benefits of chicken, it has some negatives which may affect the health of the body depending on how it is prepared.
• One unhealthy type of chicken is the fried chicken. Fried chicken usually contains unhealthy fats and carbohydrates (when flour is used) because it is mostly deep fried and this may cause harm to the body by raising the amount of bad cholesterol within the body.
• Another type of chicken that is proven to be harmful to the body is processed chickens. Some chickens are processed and preserved with preservatives. Some of these preservatives contain sodium contents which may cause high blood pressures and other cardiovascular diseases.
How to prepare a healthy chicken for consumption
• One of the best ways to prepare chicken for healthy consumption is by grilling. With grilling, there are no additional unhealthy fats or carbs to cause damage to the health of the body.
• Another way to prepare a healthy chicken is to put it in the oven and bake. Baking chicken is just like grilling it. All nutrients are in tact without any preservatives nor additional unhealthy fats and carbs.
• It is also best to remove the skin of chicken before preparation since most of its fat content is present in the skin.
Chicken is more healthier when the skin is removed before preparation. Removing the skin of chicken before cooking or preparation is the best if you want to eat quality and healthier chicken without any downsides to your health.
Kindly share this article and drop down your comments in the comments section.
Content created and supplied by: Cecey (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform