Straw curl is one of the late hair trends. Virtually everyone is wearing it and that is because it is suitable for all hair types including virgin and transitioning hair. In fact, one of the benefits of straw curling your hair is that it hides the undergrowth that comes with not relaxing your hair. It is simple to make and you can do it at home, by yourself.
WHAT YOU NEED:
-Long drinking straws
- Wash your hair with a shampoo that’s gentle on your hair thoroughly with cool water. Then apply your moisturizing conditioner. Leave it in for 5-7 minutes before rinsing it out with cool water.
- Apply hair Mosturizer using your fingers. Then use a wide-tooth comb to comb the hair through. It is best to use a mosturizer with no alcohol.
- Spray a setting lotion on your hair and press it into the length of your Harrison your finger. You can always use mousse in place of a setting lotion.
- Separate your hair into half-sections and hold it in place with clips.
- Pick your long straws and cut them into three of four; depending on the length of your hair. To save time, you can always cut it before you start the process or get someone to cut the straws up for you.
- Roll a half-inch section of your hair around a section of your drinking straw. Use a Bobby pin to keep the hair in place. Repeat for all other sections of your hair. Roll your hair in the form you want it to come out in.
- You can dry your hair using a hand dryer but it is best to leave your hair to dry overnight in order to prevent from damages that come with heating your hair like hair breakage. Cover your hair with hair net or scarf if you are leaving overnight.
- Remove pins and straws when dry and spray it with your hair spray to shine. You can style your hair as you wish.
-If you are doing it by yourself, it best to sit in front of a mirror so you can see what you are doing, properly
-Cover your curls with satin scarf or hair net if you want to sleep
-You can always use coconut on your hair before and after straw curling your hair
-Apply hair spray from time to time to keep your shining. You can also apply mousse to make the curls last longer.
With straw curls, there is no limit to how you can wear your hair. It is good for all hair types as mentioned earlier and both long and short hair can rock this hair excellently.
About Alice Temitope Dako
A passionate reader, a photographer of thoughts and an ardent book collector. A nerd in love with the world built by words…