Valentines is a few days away and already men are claiming a headache.
Women love valentines. They love it when their men go all out planning romantic dinners for them and surprising them with gifts and flowers. They get to be treated special on that day. But men, on the other hand, find valentines to be stressful since it seems they have to spend a lot of money to impress their girls and make sure that the next guy doesn’t make them look bad when he treats his girlfriend.
I asked my friends what excuses they might use to get out of valentines. Here are the top 11 reasons men would use as excuses to get out of valentines.
1. You know I don’t need a specific day to remind me how special you are.
2. You know that it is the voter registration deadline. I must do my civic duty and go register.
3. Haiya. Valentines was today. Don’t worry I will get you something next year.
4. MAVI – Men against valentines initiative
5. I am taking the car for service. My garage only works at night.
6. I don’t believe in valentines. It is a greek-roman pagan practice and not applicable to my African culture.
7. Flowers and cocoa trees are bad for the environment.
8. Let’s keep it simple babe. You know I love you. You cannot measure our love in terms of expensive gifts./h3>
9. You are more beautiful than anything I could get you.