Crime News

26 Year Old Mason Sentenced 9 Years For Defiling 13 Year Girl

A 26 year-old mason has been sentenced to nine years imprisonment in hard labour by the Juaso Circuit Court, presided over by Mr. Fredrick Tetteh, for defiling a minor.

Joshua Kofi Sekyi committed the crime at Odumase near Konongo in the Asante-Akim Central Municipality and pleaded not guilty.

Police Detective Inspector Thomas told the court that the incident happened on January 22, at about 1830 hours.

The convict had sent the girl, aged 13, to draw water for him from a public standpipe and on her return, lured the victim to his room and sexually abused her.

She run straight to the house to inform the parents about her painful and traumatic experience and a formal report was made to the Odumase police.

The prosecution said Sekyi admitted the offence in his caution statement.

Do you have more to share about this story – photos or video etc – you can send them to: (newsghana101@gmail.com)

READ ALSO:   NPP Super Delegates' Conference: Akufo-Addo-80.78%, the rest- 19.22%