A Communications team member of the opposition National Democratic Congress, Mr Wonder Madilo, is accusing President Akufo-Addo of shielding a member of his party’s vigilante group, Invincible Forces, who was captured on a leaked video brutalizing a policeman at the Flag Staff House.
According to him the man who led the assault on the police officer was part of members of NPP’s private security guards who “worked as Security Guards at Nana Addo’s residence prior to his election as President. They were Nana Addo’s Security Guards during the Campaign and even after the campaign they continue to provide Security for Nana Addo et al. H.E Nana Addo knows them not only by face but by name!”
Responding to claims by Managing Editor of the New Crusading Guide, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, that a members of the Invincible Forces who led the assault on the police man had gone into hiding, Mr Madilo wrote on his facebook wall “Let’s face it; It cannot be true that the guy who assaulted the Police Officer has gone into hiding and the CID cannot find him. Fact is the Invincible Forces guys are known NPP activists; well known by NPP operatives including the Shadow Vice President, Vice President and the President, H.E Nana Addo.”
Some members of Invincible Forces were caught on tape assaulting ASP Bruce Nanka at the Flagstaff House in a video that went viral on social media last week.
The footage which was taken by CCTV cameras at the seat of government on January 9, 2017 – President Akufo-Addo’s first day in office – showed members of the vigilante group chasing ASP Bruce as he drove out of the Flagstaff House.
The gentlemen succeeded in accosting ASP Nanka and attempted to seize his vehicle, but the intervention of other security personnel saved the situation.
The Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police Service, according Mr Kweku Baako, has been looking for him but he cannot be found.
Speaking on Joy FM/MultiTV’s news analysis programme Newsfile, on Saturday, the veteran journalist said “My checks only yesterday indicated that the gentleman has gone into hiding. He was a former policeman himself so they know him, they are looking for him to apprehend him and his guys who supported him and continue with investigations.”
But Mr Madilo said, the CID must ask President Akufo-Addo of the whereabouts of the man who assaulted ASP Nanka Bruce. “The President Addo is serving as protective cover for these guys..! The CID should ask Nana Addo and the Castle Operations team so he lifts the veil off the guy! The President must demonstrate Leadership in the face this looming danger! If all that we are hearing is true (the security lapses) then we must equally be alarmed for the personal security of the President,” he added.
General Secretary of the NDC, Mr Johnon Asiedu Nketsiah, has called on President Akufo-Addo and functionaries of the NPP to disband the vigilante group who have in recent times gained notoriety for terrorizing perceived political opponents.
But deputy General Secretary of the NPP, Lawyer Nana Obiri Boahen has rebuffed the request, saying “For goodness sakes, they (main opposition National Democratic Congress) should stop dragging the name of Invincible Forces into whatever is happening (seizure of cars and offices). Invincible Forces is a very formidable body in the NPP. These young men have helped the party a lot. They used to clean the floors for us, they used to arrange the chairs for us, they are not being paid, they have been around with the party. So it is only a daydreamer who will come out with the idea that we should disband the Invincible Forces. It’s not NPP as a party that set up the Invincible Forces, a conglomeration of young men [did].”
More General News …
This article has 1 comments, leave your comment.