The 7th edition of Kenya’s most prestigious fashion event, The Fashion High Tea was held on 25th February 2017 at the Zen Garden.
This is the much-anticipated event where fashion enthusiasts, designers, models, and the creme de la creme of Kenya congregate to enjoy a tastefully curated event that includes a fashion show, drinks, biting, photo session, entertainment, and mingling, all for a good cause!
As the name suggests, the event is all about dressing up. Literally bringing your A game – fascinators, haute couture fashion and all that jazz.
Customarily, the event supports charitable causes and this year’s event proceeds will go to Imani’s Children Home in Kayole which nurtures and takes care of abandoned and orphaned children. In addition, the proceeds will also go to Shining Hope for Communities – an organization that aids in the transformation of urban slums by providing critical services for all as well as education and leadership development for women and girls.
This year, the ladies looked divine!
If you missed out on the event, these photos will give you major FOMO:
1. Diana Opoti looked like a bag of money!
2. We love Pinky Ghelani’s matchy-matchy ensemble.
3. This lady went for a sheer risque’ look and accessorized with gold and she nailed it!
4. Simple yet sophisticated look.
5. A glance at this lady’s ensemble is enough proof that the cold shoulder trend is not a fad.
6. Lyra Aoko went for a playful flirty look in a pink lace number.
7. This lady didn’t come to play…only to slay! We love how she added the colorful fascinator to complete the look.
8. We love this lady’s sophisticated bohemian princess look. We are saying yes to this dress!
9. Lady in red looked dashing!
The look would’ve been even better had she gone for a top hair bun to enhance the floral detail on the dress. But she still killed it.
10. You can never go wrong with a classy shift dress.
11. Lucia Musau went for a thigh high slit dress and a strappy shoe and she definitely stole the show!
12. We love this mullet dress with a touch of African print.
13. This lady took the dressing up game to a whole new level.
Definitely our best dressed!
14. Another red number.
We love how she accessorized with a chunky choker and the high braid bun choice.
15. Anyone else swooning over this capelet jumpsuit?
We love everything about this look. From the accessories to the hairstyle and the outfit color.
16. Ladies, now this is how you do haute couture…
17. This lady went for a classy gown with a slit detail.
We love how she paired it with a clear heel and a mini bag and went for a high bun, minimal accessories and a bold lippie. Classy!
18. This hijabi beauty looked amazing with African print paper bag waist pants and a carefully selected pair of heels.
19. And lastly in micro fashion, how cute is this little fashionista?
All images courtesy of Nick Klaus.