The Kenyan general elections are only three and a half months away.
After the constitution was amended a few years back, the Women’s Representative position was created in each county and as a result, most women have opted to contest for it. But some don’t just want to be a representative for other women. They want to be the big boss. They want to be governor and we laud them for that.
In the last election, there was no woman elected as governor but this time, around seven women are giving it a go. Here they are.
1. Joyce Laboso. (Vying for Bomet Governor’s seat under the Jubilee Party)
2. Martha Karua. (Vying for Kirinyaga Governor’s seat under the Narc Kenya party)
3. Wavinya Ndeti. (Vying for Machakos Governor’s seat under the Chama Cha Uzalendo party)
4. Cecily Mbarire. (Vying for Embu Governor under the Jubilee Party)
5.Anne Waiguru. (Vying for Kirinyaga Governor under the Jubilee Party)
6. Charity Ngilu.(Vying for Kitui Governor under the National Rainbow Coalition Party)
7. Mabel Muruli. (Vying for Kakamega Governor under the Jubilee Party)