Not everyone is a makeup guru.
‘Beating’ and ‘baking’ your own face to perfection comes with a lot of prowess. Lucky for us, beauty vloggers make it easier for us to learn thanks to their tutorial videos.
Ombre lips are quite trendy and luscious. However, I really dislike seeing girls do it the wrong way, which is basically adding a darker lip liner over a lighter lipstick. Miss, that’s not ombre lips; the perfect ombre lip is where you can see a color gradient on the lips.
So without blabbering on, here’s how to get that perfect ombre lip under just one minute:
What you will need:
1. A darker lip liner.
2. The first lipstick color which should be darker but lighter than the lip liner or it can be the same color as the lip liner.
3. The second lipstick which should be of a lighter color than the first.
Tip: For beginners, it’s best to try with lip colors that are closer to each other as opposed to those flashy colors. Once you’re able to perfect your ombre lip, you can then experiment with other colors.
1. Exfoliate your lips.
Removing the dead skin on your lips is important for a smooth finish. Prepare your lips by moisturizing them and adding a bit of powder and highlighting the top of the cupid’s bow. If you only moisturize, that’s fine too.
2. Take the dark lip liner and carefully line your lips.
Make sure it’s sharp enough for straight and defined lines.
3. Use the same lip liner to cover the corners of your lips.
4. To allow for proper blending, draw small lines above the parts that you have lined with the lip liner.
5. Now take your first darker lipstick and apply on the parts you left out after applying the lip liner.
If it’s liquid lipstick, you have to rush as it dries fast.
6. Then apply the top part.
7. Now take the second lighter lipstick and apply in the lower middle part of your lip.
8. Give it a few seconds to dry.
9. Blot your lips and then blend till you achieve a gradient.
10. Voila, you’re done!