You Will Stop Throwing Away These Silica Bags After Seeing How Important They Can Be To You
Have you ever wondered the reason why these silica gel packets are kept in our brand new shoes, bags, purses, pockets of new clothes, and many other things? Most people think these bags are useless and throw them away immediately as a result. But you might want to hang unto them after reading this article.
These silica bags are designed to keep moisture from damaging the above products after storage so that by the time these products get to our homes, they may be in perfect condition. The reason why it is inscribed on the silica bag to throw away and not to eat is because, the content silicon dioxide is very toxic and may be very harmful when ingested. However they could be real life savers. Let’s see some importance of these silica bags.
1. To restore a water damaged phone: If you happen to drop your phone in a lake, pool, sink or even the water closet ,silica gel can be of help to you. Just put a few silica bags around the phone for sometime and it will absorb all the water in it. Soon your phone should be working perfectly well.
2. You can keep them in your wardrobes: If you want your clothes to smell ever fresh, you can keep a silica bag between each article of clothing. The silica dioxide will neutralize and absorb any moisture that will cause your clothes to smell bad.
3.It can expand your makeup shelf-life: Did you know that makeups have an expiry date? If you take a careful look at your makeup cases or containers, that 12m,11m,or 22m on it indicates the life span of makeups. However, if you keep a silica bag in your makeup cases, it will absorb all the moisture that can make it get expired thereby giving you an ever lasting makeup.
4.It can also be used to keep your workout clothes dry: Due to the regular sweat and toxins we remove from our bodies whenever we workout, our workout clothes and bags tend to produce offensive odors. However, If you do yourself the good by keeping few silica bags in your gym bags, it will absorb the all the moisture and bacteria that causes your workout clothes to smell bad.
5.It can be used to keep jewelry bright and shiny: You can keep some silica bags in your jewelry box or bag in order to keep them from rusting or fading off. Basic science makes us aware that moisture is one causative agent of rusting. Therefore having some silica bags in your jewelry box helps absorb the moisture in it thereby preventing rusting.
6.Freshen your home: Silica gel can also be used to take away fowl scents in your homes and keep your homes ever fresh. This can be done simply by pouring the silica gel in a bowl and then adding one or two spoons of any fragrance containing material on it. Haven done this, simply leave your bowl containing the mixture at anywhere you suspect any fowl scent and be rest assured for a good result.
7. For keeping under water camera dry: Despite the fact that waterproof cameras are safe for taking under water photography, it is also necessary that we keep them in safe from any unexpected damage. If excess water condensation builds up, it can leave a streak of fog around the lens thereby reducing image quality. You can simply prevent this incidence by keeping silica gel bags around the camera in order to dry out any excess water or condensation out.
8. Protect photos and other important documents: Over time, moisture can cause serious damage to your photos and important documents. In order safely keep your photos and other important documents for future purposes, it is advisable that you keep all your photos and important documents in a zip bag and put a few silica gel bags inside to absorb all moisture.
9. Protect your seeds: If you are a gardener or a farmer and want to save seeds for the next agricultural season, you need to protect them from molds. You can easily do that by keeping them in a sealed container and adding some one or two silica bags in them and you are good to go.
10. Drying glass windows: During foggy and winter seasons its is not uncommon for moisture and condensation to build up on the windows. To keep your windows dry so that you have a clear view outside, you would have to keep a few silica gel packets between them.
After knowing these numerous things silica bags can do for us, I think we will stop throwing them away and rather use them for our own benefits. Nevertheless I stand to emphasize the fact that they should be handled with absolute care in order to prevent any adverse incidents such as swallowing since they could be very dangerous to our health when ingested.
Content created and supplied by: Crediblesource (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform