Ghana’s elections have ended. However, there has been so much controversy about the final results as announced by the Electoral Commission. The biggest opposition party, NDC have argued that the results were flawed and have insisted that they will not accept the results. Indeed, their flagbearer have announced that he will only accept defeat after a forensic audit of the results.
Both political parties have also fought over Parliamentary results and who controls Parliament. One area that has received so much controversy is Techiman South. Though the EC have already declared the NPP winners, the NDC are contesting the results claiming that the results were not collated publicly.
Yesterday, the NDC walked to the offices of the EC to present a petition with regards to a collation of results. After this failed, they conducted a live collation from Parliament where they declared their candidate winner Christopher Beyere as winner of the election.
Today, December 23, 2020, the NPP also had a press conference to debunk the claims of the NDC. According to them, the NDC themselves are inconsistent with their vote count. Peter Mac-Manu anchored the presser.
1. The NPP won the 2020 elections fairly in Techiman South.
2. The NDC themselves are not sure of the actual results. They have given conflicting figures. “They are lazy and cannot even tell a consistent lie.”
3. For now the NDC and NPP are tied in Parliamentary seats. We are also going to challenge some of their seats. We will challenge them in the courts and not the streets.
4. The leadership of the NDC keep their children at home or abroad while their supporters demonstrate on the streets.
5. The 2020 elections have been one of the transparent elections ever.
6. Mahama should tell his supporters the truth that he lost the election.
7. He should not keep the country in such disarray by not going to the appropriate bodies to seek redress.
8. While the NPP polling agents monitored the process of collation, the NDC agents were out gathering thugs.
9. The NPP condemn the shooting incident in Techiman and the police are being charged to investigate.
10. The NPP also presented their own collation and pink sheet to prove they are the winners in Techiman South.
What do you think? Who is telling the truth?
Share your thoughts!
Kindly SHARE, COMMENT and LIKE. Thank you for reading!
Content created and supplied by: HerculesNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform
YOU MAY LIKE
View all comments