News World News

Britain’s 99-year-old Prince Philip admitted to hospital

[embedded content]

dpa/GNA – Britain’s Prince Philip, the 99-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II, was admitted to hospital after “feeling unwell,” according to a statement from Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

Philip was taken to London’s King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening as “a precautionary measure” and is expected to remain there “for a few days of observation and rest,” the palace said.

Philip, who is also known as the duke of Edinburgh, is the oldest and the longest-serving consort in British history, described by the 94-year-old queen as her “constant strength and guide.”

He has attended few engagements with the queen since announcing his retirement from most public duties in May 2017.

For most of his life the prince has enjoyed good health, though in 2007 it was revealed he had been suffering from a heart condition for 15 years. In 2011-12, he was admitted to hospital three times, once for his heart condition and twice for a recurrent bladder infection.

READ ALSO:   Ghana To Get More Islamic Teacher Training Schools

Downing Street said British Prime Boris Johnson sends his “best wishes” to the prince.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505