Business News

Youth trainees presented with working tools

Three hundred (300) youth from Cape Coast and Mankessim in the Central region have been presented with working tools for their apprenticeship training under the flagship project dubbed ‘Youth Apprenticeship programme” (YAP).

The working tools estimated at Gh¢190,000 was funded by Sinapi Aba Trust, a non-banking, a non-banking financial institution, in collaboration with Opportunity International Network, a global leadership organization.

All the 300 youth would be working with 157 trade masters in various trades – tailoring/dressmaking, welding and fabrication, masonry, carpentry, and automobile for the next three years.

This was in a statement from the YAP and copied to the Ghana News Agency in Accra.

The statement quoted Mrs Margaret Owusu Asare, the Programmes Coordinator of YAP, as saying that, the support extended to the youth was the company’s contribution towards developing the nation’s manpower as well as reducing youth unemployment in the country.

She noted that, so far, more than 4000 youth from 13 regions across the country had benefitted from the training programme, which had impacted so much in the lives of many families of which 85 per cent were females while the remaining 15 per cent were males.

READ ALSO:   Another Man Invests Compound People's Money In MMM

Mrs Owusu-Asare, said the support to the trade apprentice would go a long way to ease the burden of parents, guardians and other relations in sponsoring their relatives to acquire such skills.

She urged the apprentice to take their training serious so they would acquire the right skills to enable them to work well after training.

The YAP initiative, which started in 2003 provides free technical and vocational training and entrepreneurial skills to the youth to equip them with employable skills to start and manage their own businesses and employ others.

The beneficiaries will be registered by Sinapi Aba Trust to sit and write the National Vocational Training Institute examination for their certificates before being presented with start-up working tools.

Disclaimer: News Ghana is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website.

Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +1-508-812-0505 

For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News

READ ALSO:   SHOCKING: So This Is What Some Ladies Go Through To Get Big Butt?