JOYNEWS’ Gifty Andoh Appiah is the newest on-air personality to leave Kokomlemle-based media organization, MGL.
Gifty was the host of JOYNEWS’ flagship news/current affairs show, “The Pulse” for 6 years.
Announcing her resignation on live TV at the end of today’s show, she said:
- In her 9 years and 1 month of service to MGL, Gifty held various positions in the JOYNEWS newsroom. From Dep. News Editor, Head, Security Desk, Presidential Affairs Correspondent, Snr Multimedia Journalist and News Anchor.
She also won various awards for her journalist works including;
- 2019 SGI Border Security Reporter
- CNN African Journalist of the Year, 2013 (TV News Category)
- Ghana Journalists Association’s Rural Reporter of the year, 2013
- Sanitation and Hygiene Reporter of the year 2014 (Joint Award)
- African Facts checking award 2014 (Joint Award)
- Gifty holds a Master’s degree in Media and Development from the University of Westminster.
DJ Black marks 20 years of working at Joy FM