- Baby boy was rushed to hospital in Saudi Arabia after swallowing watch
- Doctors used medical scissors to dislodge the time piece from his throat
- It is then scooped from the baby’s mouth before he lets out a big cry
- Video has been watched nearly 12,000 times since it was uploaded
Kate Pickles For Mailonline
10:07 EST, 18 December 2015
10:42 EST, 18 December 2015
This is the time-stopping moment where doctors save the life of a baby – who was suffocating after swallowing a watch.
The baby boy was rushed to hospital struggling to breathe after the silver time piece became stuck in his throat.
He had already started turning blue when medics in Saudi Arabia worked to free the lodged piece of metal.
Scroll down for video
A doctor removed the watch that was stuck in this baby’s throat after he accidentally swallowed the time piece
The 20-second clip shows the doctor using a pair of surgical scissors to loosen the object before scraping it out of his throat with his fingers.
Seemingly shocked at what has happened, the baby is initially silent but then coughs to clear his airways.
He then shows there is no lasting damage to his lungs when he starts to cry loudly.
Medics can be seen patting him on the back repeatedly to encourage his breathing.
His parents rushed him to the unknown hospital after spotting the youngster struggling to breathe and realising that he had swallowed the watch, which they were unable to remove.
By the time he arrived, he was already in critical condition and the doctor’s speedy reactions undoubtedly saved his life.
The video has been viewed almost 12,000 times since it was uploaded to YouTube four days ago.
It was not clear where in Saudi Arabia the incident took place.
The doctor loosened the piece of watch with surgical scissors before reaching in to pull it out (right)
The baby boy, in Saudi Arabia, let out a prologued howl after the object was cleared from his airways