Internazionale’s sporting director has played down reports linking the Serie A club with a move for Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge.
Sturridge could bring his five-year long stay at Anfield to an end in the coming days as he searches for regular first-team football away from Merseyside.
The 28-year-old was left out of the matchday squad for Saturday’s 3-2 FA Cup defeat to West Bromwich Albion, amid speculation linking him with a move abroad.
Liverpool vs West Bromwich Albion player ratings
Inter were considered to be Sevilla’s main rivals for the striker’s signature, but the club’s sporting director Piero Ausilio appeared to pour cold water on any interest in Sturridge over the weekend.
“I don’t feel that I should cancel anyone from the list of possibilities, but in terms of the attack we have the players we are content with and can go forward like this,” he said.
Elsewhere, The Daily Mirror suggests that Liverpool could pursue Monaco’s Keita Baldé as an alternative to Thomas Lemar.
Liverpool’s interest in Lemar is well-established but his asking price of more than £90m has so far proved too steep.
Former Lazio wide forward Baldé would not cost as much to bring to Anfield, though the Senegal international has reportedly attracted interest from Napoli.
Jürgen Klopp, meanwhile, has suggested that Emre Can may well run down his contract and leave Liverpool on a free transfer at the end of the season.
“He’ll stay beyond the winter,” Klopp told DAZN, in quotes reported by Sky Sports. “Emre is still a young lad but he has developed into a great player and is very important for us.
“Sometimes a player just wants to sit out his contract. That’s not cool for the club, but there are moments in which you have to accept it.
“And as long as the player behaves like Emre does, then I have absolutely nothing to complain about. He gives everything he has and identifies with the club.”