USA World News

Manchester United transfer news LIVE: Jadon Sancho, David Alaba, Amad Diallo latest

Moisés Caicedo: ‘My dream has always been to play for Manchester United

That optimism could lead to a busier January than was once expected with money available should the right target or targets reveal themselves. Bayern Munich left-back David Alaba is among the potential new recruits, and Ecuadorean midfielder Moises Caicedo is another such name. Summer signing Amad Diallo could join both in Manchester this month with his paperwork finally set to be resolved. Serie A side Atalanta were keen to keep hold of him until the summer but the suggestion is he could be on his way to bolster Solskjaer’s title challengers imminently.

We will have all the latest Manchester United news, rumours and gossip – on both comings and goings – throughout the day.

1609844106

READ ALSO:   History made as Iran agrees with world powers to freeze nuclear program for six months

NEWCASTLE AGREE LOAN DEAL FOR UNITED DEFENDER

Newcastle have agreed the framework of a loan deal for United left-back Brandon Williams, according to the Shields Gazette.

The 20-year-old has been told that he is free to leave the club this month following the summer of arrival of Alex Telles from Porto.

Williams has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer favouring Telles and Luke Shaw at left-back.

Callum Rice-Coates5 January 2021 10:55
1609843547

Callum Rice-Coates5 January 2021 10:45
1609842320

COMAN ADDRESSES UNITED LINKS

Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman has commented on reports of interest from Manchester United.

A potential move to Old Trafford has been dismissed by SportBild, with reports claiming the winger will remain at the Bundesliga champions.

“Knowing that good teams are interested in me is good, it gives me additional confidence,” Coman said in an interview with the newspaper this week. “But I have a contract here until 2023, I’m just thinking of Bayern. It’s all good, I’m happy.

“I had the feeling that I could be used less often [due to Sané’s arrival]. I’m 24, that’s an age I have to play! Fortunately, my fear did not come true.”

Callum Rice-Coates5 January 2021 10:25
1609840774

CLUB DENY CONTACT FROM UNITED OVER MIDFIELDER

Independiente del Valle insist they have not been contacted by Manchester United over a potential move for midfielder Moises Caicedo.

The 19-year-old has been linked with a move to Old Trafford, with the MEN reporting that a fee of €6m could be enough to secure his signature.

“There’s interest from various teams for Moises Caicedo and we believe that we will not have him this year,” Independiente del Valle general manager Santiago Morales told Radio La Red.

“There is much speculation with Moises Caicedo, but we haven’t had any communication with Manchester United. We are surprised that they even talk about values, but we haven’t spoken with Manchester United, although we have spoken with other great teams in the world.”

Callum Rice-Coates5 January 2021 09:59
1609839350

UNITED URGED TO SIGN GREALISH

Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has insisted the signing of Jack Grealish should be a priority this month.

The Aston Villa midfielder has been linked with a big money exit after starring in the Premier League so far this season.

“I don’t care if Pogba goes or not, Grealish is my man!” Ferdinand told his FIVE YouTube channel.

“I’ve known this guy since he was in his early teens. He came to my restaurant in Manchester actually to watch a game and I got him some tickets. Great kid, great family. Loves his football. What you don’t see is the hard work behind closed doors, the attention to detail, the way he trains and changed his regime.

“He’s looked at himself and what can I do better? I’ve heard from a lot of people that’s he’s diligent with everything he does off the pitch to where he’s now. We’re seeing results week in, week out now.

“The numbers tell you he’s starting to think about things. I think he’s looked at himself in the summer and thought, I did well last season, I’ve signed a new deal at the club I love, and now I’m going to go again. There’s been a huge improvement in the numbers.

“Good players will find a way, they will work it out. Can you imagine if you had McTominay holding and Pogba alongside Grealish and Fernandes. Imagine that man! I’m licking my lips right now.”

Callum Rice-Coates5 January 2021 09:35
1609837822

BAILLY FORM COULD ‘SAVE MILLIONS’

The form of Eric Bailly could mean Manchester United no longer pursue a centre-back in the January transfer window.

The Manchester Evening News claim the 26-year-old’s improvement of late may ease some of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s defensive concerns.

Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof have been United’s first-choice duo at centre-back this season.

But if Bailly can remain fit and consistent, a new defender might no longer be a priority.

Callum Rice-Coates5 January 2021 09:10
1609837062

ROJO IN TALKS OVER BOCA MOVE

Man United defender Marcos Rojo has entered talks with Boca Juniors over a move that would take him back to his home country.

The injured Argentina centre-back has not featured for the Red Devils once this season and is keen on getting game time elsewhere.

The talks with Boca, The Mail has reported, are in the early stages, with no bid yet made and a deal to be finalised.

Rojo, 30, was on loan at Estudiantes last season and there has been interest from Premier League clubs Sheffield United and Newcastle this term.

Alex Pattle5 January 2021 08:57
1609835547

UNITED IN RACE FOR ALABA’S SIGNATURE

Manchester United are interested in securing the services of Bayern Munich left-back David Alaba, but face competition from Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Alaba is in the final six months of his deal with the German and European champions and recently failed to overcome a hurdle in contract talks with the club.

As such, he is poised to leave, with a number of giant European sides interested in the 28-year-old. United are among them and have reached out, The Star reports.

United would apparently be willing to bring the Austria international to Old Trafford on a deal worth £12million per year, but Real Madrid are currently favourites to sign the defender, ahead of the Red Devils and Madrid’s La Liga rivals Barcelona.

Alex Pattle5 January 2021 08:32
1609835507

WELCOME!

Welcome to The Independent’s live coverage of Manchester United’s transfer dealings. We’ll have live updates throughout the day of all of the news, rumours and gossip around the club.

Alex Pattle5 January 2021 08:31